This is the 3rd post in my Beautiful Change Challenge series. This post focuses on how to make beautiful changes in your home!
Living in a more sustainable way – even making small changes around your home – can make a difference in the preservation and improvement of our Earth’s natural environment. Let’s face it, Earth is awesome, and it provides us with so many treats throughout our lives. It really gives us everything we need. Let’s thank it!! Making your home more environmentally friendly is a great way to take care of not only the planet, but your own health too.
Here are 10 easy ways to go green in your home, and give the Earth some love:
- Go paperless with your bills - It’s easy to get online and switch to paperless billing – avoid wasting paper and cluttering up your home with mail.
- Use eco-friendly cleaning products – Look for environmentally friendly, toxin-free laundry detergent, dish soap, hand soap and other household cleaning products. These are healthier for your skin, too!
- Replace plastic water bottles with a reusable bottle – Skip the plastic water bottles and invest in a stainless steel reusable bottle.
- Recycle - Recycle whatever you can. Here’s a list of some things you can recycle that you may not have thought of!
- Have plants in your home - Plants help purify the air in your home and get rid of pollutants.
- Buy local produce – Reducing the miles your food has to travel to get to you is an awesome way to reduce pollutants in the environment and support your local community.
- Unplug things when they’re not in use – You’ll save so much energy by unplugging your electronics when you’re not using them – especially when you go away on a trip!
- Use recycled paper products – Use recycled paper towels and toilet paper. And don’t blow through that roll of paper towels when you’re cleaning – use reusable rags when you can.
- Energy saver light bulbs – Swap out the light bulbs in your home for energy-saver light bulbs, which can use up to 75% less energy!
- Reuse glass jars – Use glass jars as drinking cups or storage for bulk ingredients, grains and spices.
This week, take some time to reflect on how cool the Earth really is, and how many great things we get from it on a daily basis (hello…avocados!) Pick 1 thing you can do to make your home a more Earth-friendly place, and try it!
Do you have other great tips for going green? Give the planet a huge virtual hug by sharing your tips in the comments below!New AVEENO® PURE RENEWAL™ lets you renew your hair to its naturally balanced state daily. Unlike ordinary shampoos, these sulphate-free formulas have Balancing Seaweed Extract; bringing hair back to its naturally healthy, most balanced state with each wash, for beautifully healthy-looking hair. Learn more here.
Do you love health, nutrition and wellness? Check out the Institute for Integrative Nutrition!