Hey hey HEY.
Lately I’ve been getting really into podcasts. Up until a couple of months ago, I never listened to podcasts. Like, ever. Then I realized I was spending all my time walking around listening to music and I could be way more productive.
Music rules, but you gotta switch it up sometimes!
I started asking around about the best life enhancement/wellness/personal development related podcasts and I got an awesome list (87 comments!!) from my instagram friends. So I thought I’d put together a list of my personal favorite podcasts that I can’t stop listening to, as well as some of the ones people recommended highly. 🙂
YAY! Listen though, I’m still a podcast newbie so I’m sorry if I left off anything you love. Please let me know in the comments!
Podcasts are great because you walk away with a new perspective or new bit of knowledge every time you listen to one. I think they feel more fun and interactive than listening to an audio book.
Plus, podcasts are free! (…are all podcasts free!?)
Ok here’s my list – The first 6 are ones that I personally have listened to so far and love, and the rest are recommendations from you guys!! I know, you’ll notice most of the ones I listen to are men. I enjoy learning from women too, but in general I tend to gravitate towards male energy, it really revvs me up. #testosterone! But if Taylor Swift or Emily van Camp had a podcast, I could totally get down with that.
K, here you go…
24 Podcasts That Will Improve Your Life:
- The Model Health Show with Shawn Stevenson – this is my #1 favorite podcast lately. I met Shawn at the Paleof(x) conference in Austin and he’s just cool, super friendly, passionate about helping people improve their lives, and walks his talk. He always has fantastic information to share, inspiring guests, and his co-host Jade is really fun. Check out the one called “Creating Unstoppable Success and the Miracle Morning” – it’s epic, and I can’t wait to listen to his Happiness one with Gretchen Rubin. This podcast is LEGIT!
- The Bulletproof Podcast with Dave Asprey – You guys probably know by now that I am a huge fan of Dave Asprey and borderline obsessed with anything Bulletproof. I love his brand and I love the way he dives deep into the research behind everything he does. Bio-hacking and being optimal is the name of the game in this podcast, and the episodes will definitely give you an “upgraded” outlook on how great your life can be. There are too many good ones to mention – topics from food to fitness to meditation — but personally I really enjoy listening to his Q&A ones, where people have submitted questions and he answers. FUN FOR DAYS!
- The School of Greatness with Lewis Howes – Lewis Howes is another great podcast host that leaves me inspired to be great every time I listen. One of my favorite things about the School of Greatness podcasts are his “5 Minute Fridays” – where, literally, the podcast is only 5 minutes long but gives a really inspiring and motivational message. I actually cry during them sometimes. (I definitely cried during the one called “Born to Lead”). Also check out the one called “To Live Is To Serve” and “Never Give Up.” SO GOOD!
- The Tim Ferriss Show – Tim Ferriss is like everybody’s gateway drug to lifestyle design and life-enhancement experimentation. If you’re into this stuff at all, there’s a high chance you got into it through finding Tim’s work somehow. The good news for us is that Tim continues to share great stuff with us on his podcast. He just released an episode called “How To Build A Large Audience From Scratch” which I know a lot of you will dig, I can’t wait to listen. Also insanely interesting was his one about psychedelic micro-dosing, and you MUST listen to Lazy: A Manifesto (this one is just 15 mins and amazing – and definitely got me questioning why I choose to live in New York City)!
- Impossible FM with Joel Runyon – If you know me at all, you know I have been a big Joel Runyon fan for awhile now, and I feel incredibly lucky to say that today he’s one of the closest people in my life. It’s the best! He inspires me on the daily with his dedication to helping other people do things they once thought were impossible, and he is my go-to guy when I’m feeling “stuck” or need a real kick in the ass to move something forward. His blog and podcast are all about pushing your limits, taking action and really going after things. One day I had to go to IKEA and I listed to Impossible FM exclusively for like 3 hours straight!!! And it was awesome. My favorite episode is probably “How To Actually Do The Things You Say You Want To Do.” Get to it.
- Wellness Wonderland with Katie Dalebout – I gotta give huge props to Katie because she was the first podcast I ever was actually a guest on (eek! so scary!) and she’s the one who inspired me to begin listening to podcasts. She also represents the LADIES on this list! I love Katie’s podcast because she’s super enthusiastic about wellness and she brings on tons of great guests (and many of my friends!) from the wellness community. I really admire her dedication to spreading other people’s helpful messages to as many people as possible – that comes across so clear in everything she does. She’s just the bomb. I particularly loved her episode with Anjie Cho about feng shui and de-cluttering. Go listen!
The rest of this list are podcasts you guys recommended on instagram or I have on my personal radar but I haven’t listened to yet!
All in the realms of personal development, entrepreneurship, fitness, health, wellness:
Ok, my brain hurts from writing this list!!! I know there are a lot more I haven’t listed here – that’s what the comments section is for. What am I missing!?! Comment below with your favorite life-improving podcast!!!!
I have a fantasy of being a podcast host now…I think it would be fun to start a podcast and have all my favorite peeps on it. Eeeeeeeee. Things could get so out of hand!
Love you guys 🙂