Hey guys –
I know a lot of you who read Healthy Crush are graduates of the Institute for Integrative Nutrition, have some type of wellness or personal development business, or are planning to have one at some point.
That is AWESOME. We’re kindred spirits, obviously. And the world needs more people to spread messages of health, strength, inspiration, courage, and all those other good feelings. So, high five!
I’ve been focusing a lot more lately on business-related stuff here on the blog and on my email list, because right now I’m in the process of taking my own business to the next level. I feel it in the air, too, when I’m with my friends – everyone’s ready. Everyone seems ready to really stand in the center of the fire and stop shrinking back.
Here’s the thing I see all the time — really well-meaning, amazing people are starting businesses and have a TON of vitality and excitement around it – but then hit a few all-too-familiar roadblocks along the way. Sometimes it’s 3 months in, sometimes it’s 3 years, sometimes it’s before anything even gets started. But these are the most common ones I see, and that I’ve experienced myself:
- You know your message is important, but don’t know if it’s important enough for you to really be a leader (“who am I to do this!?”)
- You want to charge for your services, but you feel guilty or scared to ask people for money, especially in the world of healing or wellness – you don’t want to sound “salesy” – so you’re struggling financially
- You’re worried people will think you’re a “fraud” because you actually haven’t completely overcome the struggle you’re teaching people about
- You are focusing a lot on your competition, (“there are sooo many other people doing this!”) and then you feel like your work doesn’t matter
- You aren’t totally clear on what your core message is, so you jump around a lot and your ideas don’t seem to stick
- You want to find the people who will connect with your story and your ideas, but you don’t know where to look (and you’re sick of all the “networking” that isn’t helping your business)
- You’ve been hustling so much to make things work that you don’t feel as inspired as you once did
- You’re afraid to financially invest in your business, which is holding you back from making abundant money in exchange for your work
- You have a fear of the transition — your current job is paying your bills, and you have no idea how you’ll transition into something you’re passionate about and still keep your life together
Do you relate to any of these? I will be honest, I’ve experienced ALL of these on my path of being a wellness entrepreneur – more than once.
After all, guys, being an entrepreneur is a BIG responsibility!! It’s not for the faint of heart. Most people don’t do it. It ain’t all rainbows and candy corn, after all.
The ups and downs are part of the game and always will be. Welcome to the club, we have chocolate and green juice when times get tough. 😉
The good news is you can fill your toolbelt with the tools to bust through these limitations, to create a business and life that actually WORKS for you. The limitations will come up again, no doubt – but you’ll be ready with your trusty tools, and you’ll be able to slice through the obstacles with MUCH more ease and clarity. Like a ninja.
And it’s all possible. I was able to transition out of a 9-5 job in advertising to becoming a professional wellness blogger, and I did it with joy and relative financial ease. And in the process, I learned that competition doesn’t actually even exist.
If you want to really take your life and business to the next level, reach more people with your work, and feel more ease in your life, you’ve got to come to the following realizations that I learned at Spirit Junkie Masterclass:
- There are MANY, MANY more people in the world that are suffering and miserable and need your help vs. the number of other people in the wellness industry. That means it’s basically your obligation to stop believing you have “competition” and letting that hold you back. REALLY. Chew on that for a second.
- Currency is energy. Energy is currency. Receiving money in exchange for providing value in the world will only help you provide even more value to more people. If you start to think of it that way, it feels more natural to ask for money in exchange for your work.
- Be willing to be a beginner. Start where you are. There’s nowhere else you can start but by putting one foot in front of the other. If it feels overwhelming, just focus on the next small step in front of you and keep going. The key is to stay in action, even if you have to change course a few (or many) times along the way.
- It’s ok to try something and fail. In fact, you’ll learn from it. The more times you fail, the more information you have. This doesn’t happen if you don’t just start. (I really need to hear this myself, every day).
- It’s ok (and actually, it’s courageous and smart and necessary) to ask for help. We can’t always figure it out on our own. Having a buddy to check in with, a coach of your own, or simply asking a friend for a listening ear could be exactly the support you’re looking for. People WANT to help you.
- Your time is now – there is no time to waste. What are you waiting for, really? For everything to feel perfect in order for you to start helping people? The people you’re going to help don’t want a perfect person — they want a real person, they want you and all your imperfections. It makes you that much more charming. The time will never be perfect, so don’t wait until you’re perfect in order to start – or you’ll never do it. Start now.
“How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world.” – Anne Frank
Now – I don’t know about you, but when I learned those things, it made me want to light a FIRE under my wellness business so I can help more and more people.
I want to keep learning to grow — which is why I’ll be at the Spirit Junkie Masterclass in June learning from these awesome speakers — Gabrielle Bernstein, Gala Darling, Derek Halpern, Kyle Gray and Rha Goddess — not to mention the hundreds of people attending who will be on the same wavelength. The hundreds of people who will become the new supportive community for your business and life.
I’ll be there because these concepts have been life-changing for me. If you relate to any of the “mistakes” I mentioned above…you’ll come to realize they aren’t actually mistakes. They’ve led you here so you can grow.
If you want to stop playing small in your wellness business, I hope you’ll join us at Spirit Junkie Masterclass in June.
If investing in your business scares you, believe me I get it. But the investment you make will be returned to you a thousand fold when you learn to really harness your power, create with more ease, and begin to serve the world. Plus, you can use my personal discount code when you check out — but make sure to use it before it expires April 19th!!! The discount code is jen400.
When you use the discount code jen400, you’ll also get a live group coaching call with Gabby and I about skyrocketing your wellness business. It will be in May, and we’ll send the recording to those of you who can’t make it.
As Incubus says, in the song “If Not Now, When?” —
“I’ve waited all my life. If not now, when will I stand up and face the bright lights? Don’t hide your eyes. It’s time.”
Isn’t it about time YOU stepped into the bright light? If not now, when?
Stop hiding out. This is bananas!!! We need you.
Here’s the link again. Spirit Junkie Masterclass (don’t forget to type in the discount code jen400 so you can get the sweet Healthy Crush reader deal).
Have any of you been to Spirit Junkie Masterclass before? Will I see you in June? PLEASE let me know (and find me on instagram) so we can hug.