This morning I woke up to realize I was out of kale – no green breakfast smoothie for me! Instead, I went with what I had in the kitchen and made an absolutely ridiculous blueberry smoothie (in my Vita-Mix) that was creamy, sweet and totally zingy. “Zingy” meaning it woke me up. You’ll see why in a second.
Blueberry Wake-Up Call Smoothie:
- 1 banana
- 1/3 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/3 cup Coconut Bliss Cappuccino ice cream (there’s the kicker!)
- 1 small spoonful of almond butter
- Coconut water (amount varies depending on desired consistency)
- A few ice cubes
- Extra nutritional points for a sprinkle of chia seeds & drizzle of flax oil (optional)
The excitement I have over this smoothie is probably due to the fact that there’s coffee (organic, fair trade coffee!) in the coconut ice cream, and I very rarely, if ever, drink coffee…hence the wake-up call. Wowzers!
If you don’t have Coconut Bliss ice cream on hand (which is, by the way, organic, dairy free, soy free, sugar free, and full of happiness), you could always pour a little bit of coffee into the smoothie + some extra ice or almond milk/coconut milk.
Best thing about this smoothie is that it really can be a meal. The almond butter & banana will keep you full for awhile!
I love smoothies!
Read about why I love my Vita-Mix Blender
If you have a favorite smoothie ingredient, please share the love!