“What will matter is the good we did, not the good we expected others to do.”
Lately I’ve been hearing a lot of people express their concern and overwhelm when it comes to the state of the planet and the health of people around the world. It’s easy to feel helpless when it comes to changing things on a large scale, but instead of giving up or feeling defeated, you can make the most important change of all: change yourself.
You may not realize how much changing your own actions and acting as a power of example can inspire and empower others to do the same. Every person, in his or her own way, can contribute to massive positive change on the planet.
Every person you come into contact with in your life – whether it’s in person, through social media, or otherwise – is affected by your energy. So if you want to make a positive impact in your community and the world (and you can), start here:
- Change the way you think. If you have the attitude that you don’t have the power to make big changes, that will stop you from taking action. Start thinking that you have the power to contribute majorly to any cause that inspires you, and that will open up doors that were previously closed. Any successful change is deeply rooted in the belief that it can happen.
- Make positive, healthy changes in your own life. Buy local, organic food. Use green products. Support causes that inspire you. Help someone in need. Donate to a charity that’s close to your heart. Get involved in local groups that are making positive changes.
- Spend time with others who are doing positive things. Help people who inspire you. Join forces with them on a cause you believe in. Seek out the change-makers and learn from them.
- Share about what you’re doing! Tell people in your life what you’re up to and how excited you are about it. Post your positive changes on Facebook, Twitter or your blog. Help to spread the word about what’s important to you, and empower others to do the same.
- Be inspiring, not preachy. If you’re authentic and genuine about making positive changes and you’re a shining example, people will be attracted to your energy and want to join in. In this way, your enthusiasm and dedication will inspire more and more people to change.
You’re here for a reason. If your heart calls you to help with a bigger purpose, jump on board. Take steps to change your own world.
“How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world.”