I know I keep talking about the 10-day juice cleanse I did at the beginning of January. It had a huge impact on me, and clearly it had an impact on a lot of my blog readers because I get emails daily asking about how to create a cleanse in their daily life without necessarily juicing.
Maybe you don’t own a juicer.
Maybe you don’t want to fork over the money to pay for a pre-made juice cleanse.
Maybe you just don’t like the idea of drinking only juice.
There are lots of ways to cleanse and detox your body without doing an actual juice cleanse! Giving your body a break from certain foods and habits, as well as adding in other healthy habits, can make you feel (and look) fantastic.
Here are a few options. Try one or more!
- Start your day out with lemon-cayenne water. Drink lemon water throughout the day.
- Remove gluten from your diet for awhile – eat gluten-free grains like quinoa and millet instead.
- Remove cow’s dairy from your diet for awhile. See how you feel!
- Kick sugar to the curb.
- Load up on more greens in the form of fresh salads and green drinks (juices or smoothies)
- Focus on vegetables (especially green ones) as the main part of your meals and have everything else (protein, grains, etc in smaller portions).
- Eat more organic produce.
- Eat more liquid meals like soups and smoothies. Easy on digestion!
- Get more exercise – yoga is very detoxing.
- MORE: fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, whatever protein works for you, whole grains, water and sleep.
- LESS: sugar, processed/artificial/packaged foods, caffeine, alcohol, cigarettes, low-quality meat, dairy.
Do any of these gentler cleansing options sound good to you?
Are there any other cleansing habits you love?