Deepak Chopra, MD, is a world-renowned authority in the field of mind-body healing, a best-selling author, and the founder of the Chopra Center for Wellbeing. He was definitely one of the most anticipated guest speakers this weekend at the IIN fall conference! People were lined up early to get front-row seats for his inspiring talk.
Since he was addressing a group of 4,000 health & wellness entrepreneurs, he spoke to us about leadership.
One of the most important things about being a great leader is taking care of yourself. If you’re taking care of yourself physically and emotionally, you’ll be much more capable of showing up for others.
Deepak says, “A leader is the soul of a group consciousness. When we dream together, it becomes reality.”
Here’s Deepak’s list of questions to ask yourself every day – to help you get truly in touch with the soul of who you are – and to help you serve others and the world more effectively:
- Who am I?
- What do I want?
- What is a peak experience to me?
- What is my life purpose?
- What kind of contribution do I want to make to the world?
- What does a meaningful relationship mean to me?
- How do I contribute to the relationships I have?
- What are my unique skills and talents and how do I use them to serve the world?
- Who are my heroes? (In history, mythology, etc).
- What’s my story?
Questions for overall well-being:
- Career well-being: Do I enjoy what I do every day?
- Social well-being: Do I have healthy relationships and the experience of love?
- Physical well-being: Do I have enough energy to take me well into the evening? Do I feel healthy?
- Financial well-being: Am I able to balance my economics? Am I spending money I don’t have on things I don’t need, to impress people I don’t like?
Another great piece of advice from Deepak was to be responsive to feedback, but don’t be emotionally impaired by it. I think that’s a great lesson.
To get more on leadership by Deepak, pick up his book – The Soul of Leadership: Unlocking Your Potential for Greatness. I just ordered it! 🙂