Ever since I had my first bite of raw chocolate (it was Fine & Raw, which is still one of my favorite brands) I knew I’d one day make my own. Well, today was that day!!! I finally made raw chocolate truffles and they came out super amazing. Who knew chocolate truffles could be so rich and decadent with NO SUGAR and NO DAIRY?! Life amazes me. It really, really does. (Learn about the benefits of raw food)
So here’s how you make these little nuggets of pure joy:
Ingredients (all of these can be found at your local health food store):
- 1 cup raw cacao powder
- 2 cups raw shredded coconut
- 8 large dates
- 1/3 cup raw coconut oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- a bit of vanilla (I scraped some seeds from the inside of a vanilla bean, but you could use a few drops of vanilla extract instead if you want)
- a dash of pink Himalayan sea salt
Topping ideas (to roll the truffles in):
- raw cacao powder
- raw cacao nibs
- pistachio bits
- goji berries
- shredded coconut
- Mix the 8 dates (take pits out!) in a food processor/blender with the 1/3 cup of water until it forms a paste. Put in a large bowl.
- Add cacao powder to the date paste.
- Mix the shredded coconut with the coconut oil in a food processor/blender until it forms a thick paste (it will be a little chunky). Add to bowl.
- Add cinnamon, vanilla & sea salt to bowl.
- Mix ingredients around with your hands until it forms a nice thick batter.
- Form the batter into small balls and roll in your toppings. Place on wax paper.
- Put in fridge for a little while (10-20 mins or so) and then eat!
So easy, so good, and so raw. I really can’t believe how easy this was. Whip up a batch of these for a party, as a gift for someone you love, or just to treat yourself for being awesome!