One thing I love to do at the end of the year is look back and have some gratitude for everything that was accomplished over the year, and all the wonderful things that happened.
I know that I tend to get into the “what’s next?” mindset fairly quickly after something cool happens – I don’t always take time to look back and really appreciate the amazingness that life provides. I just made a list of all of the awesome life accomplishments from 2011 and it literally made me cry with gratitude.
As we head into 2012, I recommend you make this list too. Honor yourself for your accomplishments, for getting through ups and downs, and for all the beautiful moments you experienced over the past year.
By the way. This isn’t about bragging. It’s about seriously giving yourself more credit for how awesome you really are, and all the beauty you’re bringing into the world. If you’re anything like me, you probably don’t give yourself credit enough, (if ever)!
So here are just a few of mine. I’d love to hear something you’ve accomplished or you’re grateful for from 2011, in the comments section below this post.
In 2011, I…
- Launched Healthy Crush – the website and brand I’d been dreaming of
- Launched a monthly newsletter full of healthy recipes and tips…my email list keeps growing every day
- Wrote hundreds of blog posts – and poured my heart into every single one
- Wrote and launched my first e-book
- Graduated from Dr. Annemarie Colbin’s 100-hour Food Therapy Course
- Went to 4 incredibly life-changing Institute for Integrative Nutrition conferences – 2 in NYC, 1 in Miami, and 1 in COSTA RICA (Costa Rica was my most inspiring week of 2011, hands down)
- Coached some amazing clients to eat healthier, lose weight, get off medications & change their lives for the better
- Assisted one of my inspirations, Kris Carr, at her weekend Omega Institute workshop
- Helped my friend & mentor Gabby Bernstein spread her positive message to thousands of people
- Spoke in front of 4,000 people at an IIN conference- my first speaking engagement ever
- Did my first webinar for over 100 people
- Wrote a 90-day cravings course for the MyOmBody iPhone app
- Went on 4 beautiful, relaxing, inspiring retreats to the Omega Institute and Kripalu
- Spent some seriously awesome times with family and friends!
….the list is quite a bit longer with career & personal life stuff, but those are some of the highlights that make me want to cry. Of course, there have been ups and downs – times where I feel exuberant joy and times where I feel totally lost and confused. But after making this list, I feel so grateful and so ready to blast into 2012 with vitality, hope, enthusiasm and love.
Please share with me if you have any gratitude or accomplishments from 2011….and make sure to always take time to look back and say “Wow. I really am awesome.” Because you are.
If you’re reading this, I’m grateful for you, too….and I hope to cross paths with you in 2012.