I’m starting 2012 off with a juice cleanse. A longer juice cleanse than I’ve ever done before. Here’s the juicer I’m using.
Why? Well, for a bunch of reasons.
- I got a new juicer for Christmas – the Breville Juice Fountain Elite. A homemade juice cleanse feels like the perfect way to get acquainted with it! I’ve never owned a juicer before so I’m gonna dive right in and get friendly with it.
- I watched the documentary “Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead“ twice recently. Those guys juiced for 60 days!!! If that documentary doesn’t inspire you to do a juice cleanse, probably nothing will.
- I want to start off 2012 with a clear mind and clean body – to set myself up for the most creative, inspired, healthy year.
- I’ve never documented a juice cleanse before, so posting about it here will give me support and accountability.
- I’ve been cooking (and eating) A LOT from Thanksgiving through the holidays, and I’m psyched to give myself a break and chill with some juice.
- I’ve been craving a challenging project that will be interesting to my blog readers.
- I know I’ll feel freakin awesome if I can complete the cleanse. I’m gonna blast my body with ridiculous amounts of nutrients and totally detox my system.
How long will my cleanse be? Well, I’m aiming for 10 days. I’ve never done 10 days before on just juice. Like I said, I wanted a challenging project to kick off the new year and this will be really challenging for me.
What will I be drinking? It’s going to be a different variety of fruit/vegetable juices, lots of water, and herbal tea. I’m not giving myself any type of limit on how much juice I can have. Just drinking as much juice as I feel like drinking.
I’ll be posting a new juice recipe every single day, for those of you who have juicers!
Will I be exercising? I plan to go to yoga classes (probably mainly basic/restorative classes) as much as possible, and walk/jog as my energy levels allow.
I promise to post an update every day on how it’s going. When I first started getting into nutrition, I LOVED reading blogs that documented daily updates on new health endeavors – raw food diets, juice cleanses, etc. I’d read through them for hours. I just loved reading about the different feelings and symptoms people had and what the results were. I hope my daily updates on the cleanse will provide interesting or useful info for people.
Truth be told, the main reason I’m doing this is for mental + emotional cleansing. During a cleanse/detox you can really take the time to meditate and go inward. Giving your digestive system a break gives you the chance to detox, heal, rest and recharge. It can really help you to develop a stronger sense of intuition, let go of addictions and get to know yourself better. Since my main intention for 2012 is to pour more authenticity into every area of my life, I should probably get crackin’ on that whole “knowing myself better” thing. 😉
I’m really nervous. I’m really excited. I hope you’ll check out my updates as I go along!
If you’re embarking on any type of cleanse, detox or new health regimen for 2012, let’s support each other! Let me know in the comments section how your own cleanse is going – staying accountable and checking in with others is the best way to keep your motivation high!!! I truly appreciate the support and I’ll do my best to support you, too.
So cheers to a bright, magical new year – here we go!!!